Grimwyrd: Blasted Treasures

Ken (GM): just poking fiss here
sorry about my tardiness; I just got the kids in, one down for a nap, and we’re dog-sitting
this weekend is nuts
hows things?
Joush M.: For me? Tired. It’s been an odd week between family and other stuff, but I’m hanging in there.
P.P. A.: I should procastinate less and hurry up on my papers
Ken (GM): thank god for game day
fiss incoming!
doc incoming!
Doc: yo
Fiss: ELF MODE…
Syviis: ACTIVATED!
P.P. A.: Dwarf mode…
Suðri Skornbrekker: acti— AHH TENTACLES EVERYWHERE
Doc: fug :DDDDDD


Ken (GM) WHERE LAST WE LEFT OUR HEROES

Ken (GM) Deep in the forgotten Dwarven deeps, magic pulses like a living thing all around you! Eldritch secrets slither and writhe! Deloth-Ainur, beholden to dark powers, a locus of terrible energies!
Swirling dust and smoke curls like a living thing, reaching for Roderick and Syviis! Deloth-Ainur’s limp form struggles as if possessed by malevolence! The horrors of IT have once again reared to face you!

Suðri Skornbrekker takes a step back and weighs his options, gripping his bardiche

Bomrek dorfs, and cocks his big fuggin gun

Syviis tries to focus herself from the surprise of the Tentacle Explosion, and pulls her mind inward, remembering the power of her faith in the Light. “Come on then! Let’s see what you’ve got this time, Darkness!”

IT SCREAMS IN A TONE THAT SKITTERS ALONG YOUR BONES
I̡̜̩̭T̯̫ͅ ͖͎̳̮̘S̹͖͓̱͉̗ͅH͏̝̼͎̺̞̻A̤̼͓L̢͙̻̞̹̖̯L̯ ̻̟̻̘F̵̹E̜͉̘̦̺̮̞A̖̠͈̳͔̺S̭̘͇͕̫͎͖͘T̼̯͚͖ ͏̟͙̫̹U͎̙P̻͔̦͓̟̠̤O̼̺͎͓N̬̟͕͍̲̙ ̱̪̟̲̕Y̼̱̻O͈U̦̥͘

Syviis grins and pulls out the staff of her elders. “SEEMS TO ME YOU’VE CHOKED ON THOSE WORDS BEFORE!”

Suðri Skornbrekker tries to run around it, behind the pillar, and towards the crystal to the west. HE inspects the crystal from some distance, trying to figure out if he can somehow interface with it, or re-route its energy to… do whatever.

Gray roars at the darkness, sword rasping from it’s sheath. “Roderick! Syviis!” He takes a step closer, trying to find them in the horrible malestrom.

Ken (GM): INITIATIVE!
Syviis: rolling 1d6 + 7 ( 3 )+7 = 10
Roderick: rolling d6+6+1 ( 1 )+6+1 = 8
Suðri Skornbrekker: rolling 1d6+6.25+1 ( 5 )+6.25+1 = 12.25
Bomrek: rolling 1d6_6.5 1 = 1 rolling 1d6+6.5 ( 6 )+6.5 = 12.5
Ken (GM): gray?
Joush M.: rolling 1d6 + 7 for Initiative (Basic Speed 6, Combat Reflexes +1 or +2 if Leader) ( 6 )+7 = 13
Sorry, grabbing coffee
Ken (GM): lol
Sword in hand, gleaming already with green fire, Gray reacts!
Doc: have rod grab it for you while he waits for his turn
Joush M.: can he see Rod and Syviss in there?
Ken (GM): yes, they’re pin-pointable, but the swirl of wind and dust is a -3 in there
Bomrek lines up his rifle at the mass “Gimme somethin’ to shoot at ya bastards!”

Gray moves up and slashes at a shadow tentacle “We will banish you again, beast!”
Gray: rolling 3d6 vs 9 for move and attack( 3 + 1 + 6 ) = 10
Joush M.: Wiff!
Ken (GM) the blackness recoils like a living thing from the fire of Gray’s blade! it fears the lime green light!

Ken (GM): skornbrekka!
P.P. A.: is the air stil full of buzzing magic, or did the smoke absorb much of that? (and can the dorf tell, in either case)
Ken (GM): oh it’s still magic as all shit in here, and even he can tell yeah
And that crystal you wanna get jiggy with? More tangible swirls of magic swirling about it too
Suðri Skornbrekker takes a step back and props up his ordinary musket, (the one that does not shoot a ray of concentrated energy) into the room. At the same time, he peeks over his shoulder and whispers to his armor, in Dwarven: “[If you can interact with that in any way, give me a sign, will you.]
(To Suðri Skornbrekker): You get the tingly feeling of your skin crawling, and the distinct impression it needs to touch it….
Ken (GM): SYVIIS

Syviis knows that using her arrows here still may be dangerous, depending on the magic and fumes in the air, so she focuses her magical power and inner faith, trying to smite the Darkness and remove it’s hooks into their ‘Frienemy’ “You keep infecting the people of the land…but soon you shall reveal enough of yourself that we may rid you like one does a leech!”
Ken (GM): [invoking true faith!]
Ken (GM) The shuddering darkness swirls and lashes!
Ken (GM): Fiss! Exorcism roll!
(To Fiss): yo, exorcism roll!
(From Syviis): wat do I roll, lol
(To Fiss): lol, just rechecked your sheet; unless youve spent any points, its will -6 as a base, +1 for the staff

Ken (GM): [mathing intensifies, looks like a roll vs 9 right now]
Syviis closes her eyes and shouts in righteous indignation! (shouting always helps!)
Syviis: rolling 3d6 ( 4 + 1 + 3 ) = 8
Ken (GM): nice, beat by 1, adding 11 for Deloth Ainur’s Will on the opposed check, so she gets a 12

[GM rolls some complicated maths here, with the opposed rolls behind the screen for Deloth opposing IT, with the help of Syviis -Ken]

Syviis watches the fireworks, hoping they are the GOOD kind of soul-splosions

IT struggles against you, dark powers of night itself, a realm of blackness forces reality to bend….and still you force the darkness out!

Syviis stays still, looking around quickly, not ready to celebrate just yet


P.P. A.: It was easier back in the days of the First Empire, where you had a tiny lever on the wall in each room, usually next to the door, which you could flick to immediately force the darkness out
Joush M.: They were as Gods then
Syviis: [THE DARKNESS: “I will DESTROY the Kingdom of Dwarves, Elves and Men….for they have….shudders MOOD LIGHTING! MY MOST HATED FOE!”]
Doc: we must stop them before they can afford the upgrade to Mood Music!
Syviis: [The Darkness realized it had failed when we started getting RGB wifi-controlled lightbulbs]
P.P. A.: Dwarven technology LED the forces of light to victory


IT swirls and writhes in the air, out of Deloth Ainur… forming into the corporeal creature standing before you now!

Ken (GM): Bomrek! youve been aiming! Take a shot!
Ken (GM): -5 distance, +2 size, gunpowder rifle
Bomrek: And we’re sure I’m not sitting in a room full of propane, before I take this firey’ shot?
rolling 3d6 ( 5 + 5 + 3 ) = 13
Bomrek: That’s a pass
Ken (GM): the lead shot hits home!
Bomrek: (my computer’s lagging, it’ll take me a while to reach my damage code)
There it is
Bomrek: rolling 3d6 + 1 ( 3 + 6 + 2 )+1 = 12 pi++

Ken (GM) A hole opens up in it’s breast, and blood flows freely.
IT looks down with a misshapen head of tooth nail and horn….and grins
IT WILL HAVE THE FEY BLADE THIS DAY RODERICK. GIVE IT TO US
Bomrek: Very Fast IT Running at Incredible High Speed
IT turns to the knight, hands outstretched, tail slithering, flesh a mottled hide of horn and thorn

Ken (GM): Rod!
Doc: So it didn’t really care about the hole in its chest?
Ken (GM): ~handwiggle~
You can see that its caused gross physical damage
Adolf S.: Unless it was planning to get that pierced anyway later and I just saved it a trip to the mall
‘seems like he doesn’t mind it much
Ken (GM): its certainly not in pain
Doc: Rod’s got the longsword in his hand right now so he’s probably going to try and stick with it, -1 to aim at where its Vitals should be?
Ken (GM): if hes got em 🙂
Adolf S.: Lets just play keep away with it. Toss it to Bomrek, then have Gray go long.
Roderick thrusts with both hands on his longsword and takes a step back, ready to defend against the IT
Roderick: rolling 3d6 vs 14 ( 5 + 2 + 3 ) = 10
IT: rolling 3d6 vs 12 parry ( 1 + 1 + 4 ) = 6
Doc: wew
IT brings up a thorny arm, the steel skittering on it’s barbed hide!
IT WILL NOT TOLERATE INSOLENCE LONG!
Ken (GM): Gray!

Gray charges the beast, savagely closing the distance and snarling as he brings that bronzy blade into play, emerald fire trailing behind it.
Gray: rolling 3d6 vs 16 for All Out Attack (Strong) ( 5 + 5 + 6 ) = 16
Joush M.: Well FUCK that was close. Want to try and defend here beasty?
Syviis: Dang!
Doc: wew (x2)
Ken (GM): trying!
IT: rolling 3d6 vs 12 parry ( 1 + 6 + 3 ) = 10
IT twists it’s other arm in the way, green fire blade raking along the back of the thorny hide! The blade leaves a smoking wreck of flesh in it’s wake!
IT: gray! 2d6 burn please!
Gray: rolling 2d6 for BURN damage ( 5 + 6 ) = 11
Syviis: Awww nice
Ken (GM) Charred flesh drips from the wounds! IT’s face looks upon the Ogre blade with a mix of fury and wonder!
Ken (GM): Skornbrekka!

Suðri Skornbrekker sees that the monster shrugs off physical damage, but recoiled at Grey’s fire; he thus doesn’t bother to fire his ordinary musket but grabs it and runs for the crystal behind him!

Ken (GM) Swirling eddies of power pass over and THROUGH the dwarf as he nears the crystal! The massive perfectly shaped thing seems to tremble and hum!

Ken (GM): Syviis!
Syviis, seeing that the magical flames did not ignite the air around them makes her confident she can use her lightning! Spending a round stowing her staff, readying her bow and arrows, and aiming if possible.
rolling 3d6 ( 6 + 4 + 4 ) = 14
Match on her Fast Draw Bow (her lowest skill in all that)
Ken (GM): kay thats a ready to stow and fast draw to fill hands with bow
and match, nice
standing in the fray or backing out of it?
Syviis: Backing up a step! Ranged fighter is le Ranged
Ken (GM): [1 hex only :P]
Syviis: 10-4 😛
Ken (GM): but! good good
BOMREKKA!
Bomrek’ll gently sling his beloved musket, and then draw his laser musket.
Aannnd step one hex closer.
That’ll be it~
Ken (GM): MADNESS

IT SLITHERS
Syviis: [DOG WITH MEAT! DOG WITH MEAT! madness intensifies]
IT BENDS
IT WHISPERS IN RODERICKS EAR
IT COMES
Ken (GM): Rod! Defending at -2 from a runaround attack!
rolling 3d6 vs 12 to hit, initating grapple (two hands and a tail, rods torso)
( 2+ 2 + 2 ) = 6
Roderick: parry ! rolling 3d6 vs 9 ( 2 + 1 + 6 ) = 9
Ken (GM): the clincher!
Doc: too thicc to dodge

Ken (GM) Rod slashes! The sword batting away the grasping thorny creature’s grasping embrace!
Doc: does that do damage or how does that work
Ken (GM): it has sufficient DR versus your weapon that it’s just a deflected blow
however!
initiative has come back round to your turn!
Roderick: rolling 3d6 vs 16 fast-draw ( 2 + 3 + 5 ) = 10
Ken (GM): :0
Roderick quickly draws his fae rapier and slashes at the monster, holding the longsword in his left hand
Doc: what’s the penalty for the neck?
Syviis: -5
Doc: torso it is then!

Ken (GM) The Verdant blade is revealed! Shimmering green light envelops the blade and the song of your youth sings on your ears! The joyous chorus of life echoes in the deep!
Roderick: rolling 3d6 vs 16 ( 6 + 3 + 6 ) = 15
Ken (GM): The blade lunges!
IT ‘S EYES WIDEN IN FEAR
Ken (GM): IT has no defense, roll damage!
Syviis gasps, seeing the blade almost miss, but then in relief as it lands true
Roderick: rolling d6+4 ( 4 )+4 = 8 Imp


Doc: actually is +4 the cutoff for rolling 2d?
Ken (GM): oh, like, converting dice+adds into dice first?
I’m cool with either way, but lets recalculate after?
Doc: yeah I forgot how that worked when I upped my ST until just now
yeah no need to disrupt the game if you’re cool with a flat +4


Ken (GM): THE BLADE SINKS INTO THE THING’S CHEST
AND YOU FEEL THE THORNY HIDE TWIST AND TIGHTEN AROUND THE METAL!

IT GRINS

Roderick does not grin

Syviis does a concern

Joush M.: maybe next time when a deamon ask you to give it something, don’t put it inside them
Syviis: Yeah, but then you don’t get a chance for the dramatic fuck-you irony.
>”GIVE ME YOUR MAGICAL WEAPON!”
>”Okeydokie!”
>stabs with magical weapn and kills baddy
It’s usually worth the risk. Not in this case…but we’re still working on that
😛
Joush M.: That’s true
Ken (GM): 😀
Joush!
oh wait
Rod, would you like to try and pull it free?
Doc: “don’t put it inside them” yeah but rod doesn’t have experience with women yet
Ken (GM): theres an automatic call for ST check before Gray does a thing
Roderick: rolling 3d6 vs 12 ST ( 4 + 5 + 4 ) = 13
Doc: LUCK
Ken (GM): kaaay
Roderick: rolling 3d6 vs 12 ST ( 6 + 4 + 6 ) = 16
rolling 3d6 vs 12 ST ( 2 + 1 + 2 ) = 5, MoS 7
Ken (GM): nice
Syviis: I was getting legitimately worried there lol
Ken (GM): rolling 3d6 vs 24 ( 1 + 3 + 3 ) = 7, MoS 17

Syviis: o_o
Syviis does a bigger concern

Ken (GM): the dice-gods have spoken
Doc: WELP
Roderick is glad he didn’t drop his longsword
Roderick is also glad that he is ambidextrous
Ken (GM): keeping hold or letting go?
Doc: it’s just stuck for now, right? not currently threatening to draw Rod in with it or anything?
Ken (GM): yus(as per B405, picks)
Doc: okay yeah he’s gonna hold on, then
Ken (GM): kk
GRAY!

Bomrek: (Would Bomrek know off hand if silver would hurt something like this?)
Ken (GM): @ bom: previous experience has held that silver would help here, yeah

Gray steps in and Grabs the arm of the monster with his left hand, then brings his sword down on the monster’s neck with an All Out Attack (Determined)
Gray: rolling 3d6 vs 14 to grab ( 2 + 5 + 2 ) = 9
Ken (GM): GASP
*grab succeeds, still no defenses ATM
Gray: rolling 3d6 vs 18 (17 – 5 for neck +2 for size +4 for AoA) ( 2 + 1 + 6 ) = 9
Ken (GM): NICE
chop!
Gray: rolling 3d6+2 CUT ( 4 + 1 + 6 )+2 = 13
Joush M.: 2d burn?
Ken (GM): and 2d burn plx
Gray: rolling 2d6 for BURN ( 4 + 5 ) = 9
Syviis: Dayum
That’s a LOT of Chop

Gray makes sure the monster won’t go anywhere, a massive mailled fist grabbing it by the wrist and crushing tight as the beast snarls, a backhand slash following the arm up to where it meets the neck and sinking into the dark hide with a sound like a man chopping down a tree.

IT STAGGERS, IMPOSSIBLY STILL STANDING

Ken (GM): skornbrekker!

Suðri Skornbrekker races the final steps towards the crystal, and lays his hand on it!
P.P. A. waits for potential whispers beforce deciding what to say or do next
Ken (GM): Roll HT +4
Suðri Skornbrekker: 16v17
Ken (GM): nice
Joush M.: cutting it a little close, eh?
P.P. A.: pass is pass
Syviis: That’s been the theme of the session
Ken (GM): rolling 6d6 damage ( 3 + 4 + 3 + 4 + 6 + 2 ) = 22
P.P. A.: …w-would a higher HT roll reduce that damage, if that’s on Suðri (if so, might use Luck here for obvious reasons)
Bomrek: (Oh jesus, did Suthri just stick his hand on a magical power transformer)

Ken (GM) There is a burst of thunder and a flash of light!
Skornbrekker’s limp form flies through the air, landing in a heap on the ground some feet away! The magical tone of the air changes…

(To Suðri Skornbrekker): Youre currently unconscious, but yeah, you just grounded out a ton of magic and took a bunch of fatigue damage
(To Roderick): The wild magic is gone. Mana levels are no longer so explosively bad in here
(To Fiss): The wild magic is gone. Mana levels are no longer so explosively bad in here

(From P.P. A.): I can’t scroll up to the whisper anymore, what did my armor tell me again?
(To Suðri Skornbrekker): That you should touch the crystal. Youre good, just unconscious 😀
(From P.P. A.): good, I worried I might have forgotten some detail that advised against directly touching it
(To Suðri Skornbrekker): Youre currently in a place of fluffy clouds and soft sounds.

Doc: (can’t use Luck after the results have been revealed, unfortunately @PPA)
Doc: (a-at least you can use it on your HT rolls to survive!)
P.P. A.: Skornbrekker-tier
Ken (GM): Syviis!

Syviis ignores the sudden shock to the ambient magic in the air… trying to focus on the demon first… aiming first for the beast’s right hand, then planning a second hit to the Torso…. FULL POWER BOTH SHOTS
Ken (GM): lol
Syviis: To Hit: Hand -4 -2 Distance, + 2 for size?? aim?
P.P. A.: at least you can probably now use all kinds of magic without the place blowing up
…maybe
Syviis: Yes…that’s what she’s hoping lol
Doc: pls no lightning
Syviis: nope…FULL LIGHTINAN
Ken (GM): FULL LIGHTNING
Doc: fug :DDDDDDD
>half the party is currently grappling with the monster
WHAT COULD GO WRONG
Bomrek: >full lightning
OH THE DWARFMANITY
Syviis: Luckily, it’s still magical bullshit lightining
OK, so my target is around the 19 mark… rolling.
rolling 3d6 ( 5 + 3 + 3 ) = 11
vs Hand
Ken (GM): hit to the hand, still no dodge on the thing
Syviis: K, damage arrow then 4d Lightnin
rolling 1d6 + 3 ( 1 )+3 = 4 Imp
rolling 4d6( 4 + 5 + 1 + 1 ) = 11 Burn
Ken (GM): thwipKABOOM
IT ‘S HAND IS A MESS OF FLESH AND ‘BONE’
Syviis: OK, that was in case it tried to actually ‘grab’ the fae sword. Next shot is going for it’s head.
Target is -7 for distance and location, +2 for size, and + Elfy Bullshit for a total of = 19
rolling 3d6( 6 + 6 + 6 ) = 18
Ken (GM): hahahahah
Syviis: HAHAHAHAA
FUuuuucuuuk
2 18’s in 2 sessions….
Doc: fug :DDDDDDDDD
Bomrek: Here comes the Hindenburg
Syviis: lolol
>shoots Rod in neck
Doc: he’s got full plate at least
Bomrek: Rod gets electroshock therapy

Ken (GM) The elf moves like the wind, drawing her bowstring back….and then there is a flash of thunder as she bursts into flame!
Ken (GM): BOOSH
Doc: oh shit
Syviis: TOO MUCH POWAR
Bomrek: Damn, we should’ve been using helium to inflate our elves, not hydrogen. what a mistake.
Doc: hydrogen elves are lighter and cheaper
Joush M.: Gray’s christmas list is goign to include some fire resistant clothing
Ken (GM): lol
Doc: we can’t afford helium, would you rather NOT have an el- oh wait yeah

Syviis is more surprised than in pain…yet…but makes a sound somewhere between a ‘WAT’ and ‘Oh…well then.’
Ken (GM): what could possibly go wrong?
18
OH, THAT
Bomrek!
Bomrek: >little fire effect on Syviis
kek
P.P. A.: Drop and roll! Drop and roll!
Bomrek: Alright, Bomrek’ll.. fire a shot between this thing’s shoulderblades.
What’s the penalty for distance
Ken (GM): -4, and +2 for size, so net -2
Bomrek: rolling 3d6 ( 5 + 3 + 2 ) = 10
That’s a pass’
Ken (GM): ZAP-KRAKOOM
Rod and Gray are splattered with red-black blood!
Bomrek: Well fuck, looks like my sheet didn’t save last time I updated it with the muskets.
Care to PM the damage code for my laser musket if it’s handy?
Ken (GM): 6d burn
Bomrek: rolling 6d6 ( 2 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 1 ) = 18
18′
Ken (GM): another 18
Bomrek fires the musket, and his eye finally catches sight of the burning Elf. He looks momentarily stunned, at least facially, and cups a hand over his mouth to scream “[Ziril cilob avuz!]” toward where he thinks he last saw
Suðri. (Which basically means “mine-fire.”, or ‘there’s a fire in the mine!’)

IT HAS BEEN BROKEN, CHOPPED, BURNED, EXPLODED… AND STILL MOVES!
IT TWISTS THE REMAINS OF THE LEFT HAND, AND A HOLE APPEARS IN THE WORLD!
IT GRINS!

Ken (GM): Rod
Doc: what kind of action to try and get the sword back, and can I get a bonus by using two hands?
Joush M.: can Gray help? He has a hold on the deamon
Ken (GM): good old strength check
between the two of you, add half of Gray’s ST to rods and roll it!
Joush M.: Gray’s Grapple ST is 20, so Rod +10?
Doc: can I try to slash it or burn it while pulling or do I have to choose one or the other
+10
wew
Ken (GM): one way or the other
no cake in hand worth two in the bush here
Roderick tries to retrieve his sword once again
Roderick: rolling 3d6 vs 22 ( 5 + 1 + 2 ) = 8, MoS 14
Ken (GM): nice
IT holds on, but is significantly pulped
IT: rolling 3d6 vs 18 ( 3 + 3 + 5 ) = 11, MoS 7
IT struggles, but the meat breaks and the sword is freed!
SPLORCH
Gray pulls in the other direction as Roderick pulls the sword free, the beastial Scorned roaring, massive boots digging into the tiled floor as he helps Roderick with the monster.
Roderick staggers back and stands with the rapier behind, the longsword ready to parry his foe

Ken (GM) Skornbrekker’s limp body hovers in midair, arms splayed, head lolling, magical power swirling about his body
P.P. A.: SHamefur dispray, what would his Dwarven ancestors say about that?!
(To Suðri Skornbrekker): The spirit of your elemental bond; the creature you share the armor with, is speaking to you in your mind. The Crystal was of it’s Kin, and was being severely tortured by the rituals in place here. When you grasped the pillar, the forces grounded out. There was backlash, but youve done good, allowing the creature some freedom to act. You are safe, and your friends will be protected.
(From Suðri Skornbrekker): Suðri asks in his thoughts if this was whose voice they heard back at the entrance; in any case, he trusts the Crystals do what is necessary now. No hard feelings for the suddenly-getting-fried-with-xxxxx-Magivolt thing.

Ken (GM): Syviis is on fire!
Syviis will try to not be on fire
Syviis: First of all…Magical bullshit fire? Or regular Ooh fuck Fire?
Ken (GM): You cannot see any extraneous ignious auras on the FIRE ALL OVER YOUR BODY
Syviis: Sounds good. Er…I guess.
P.P. A.: Drop and roll! Drop and roll!
Syviis drops all her shit and begins Stop Drop and Roll with Cloak protecting head/face/hands best she can
Ken (GM): DX roll +4
Syviis: vs 17!
rolling 3d6 ( 5 + 2 + 3 ) = 10
*was seriously expecting another 18 there, lol
Bomrek: same
Ken (GM): huzzah; the fire is smothered, only scorching Syviis for a moment
Adolf S.: “Uh oh, syviis rolls into a pool of kerosene.”
Syviis: [elf explodes]
P.P. A.: oh right, forgot the Stop part
Ken (GM): rolling 1d6-1 damage, no DR ( 3 )-1 = 2
Syviis: Ouch…but…could have been a LOT worse.
Ken (GM): truly
BOMREK!

Ken (GM): …Boooomrek
Ken (GM): it made a portal, and they freed the sword. Wat do?
Bomrek: Sorry, was dealing with some bullshit there. Lets see.. At this point, another attack, def. net -2 still, no major changes?
Ken (GM): yep, but you gotta spend a FP to fire, as the dust has been shot
Bomrek: Yup
rolling 6d6 ( 5 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 1 ) = 22
WOOPS, LOL
Ken (GM): also gotta roll to hit
Bomrek: rolling 3d6 ( 1 + 2 + 5 ) = 8
Yup, that’s a hit vs my 18
Ken (GM): nice, shot to the back hex, no defense roll there
Bomrek: Want to take the above damage roll or should I reroll?
Ken (GM): I’ll give it to ya
Bomrek: woo!
IT: rolling 3d6 vs 14HT ( 4 + 6 + 6 ) = 16
OOH
SHIIIIT
Bomrek lines up another shot, fires, feels a sudden drain like he’s just ran a mile in the summer sun, and then the bright red flash as his shot impacts his target. He lets out a breathy battle cry.
IT is sprayed with a beam of dorf-fire, and the charred torso crumbles, disintigrating! A heap of dust remains!
Syviis: AWW YISS
DORF-LAZOR
P.P. A.: At last, the one exploding was the enemy.
All is well in the end.

Gray roars, bathed in blood and gore, growling savagely as the amber flames of the old weapon tear the monster apart, tossing aside the crumbling remains of the ripped apart arm… then turning, he looks for
Suðri , an expression of worry on savage features.

Syviis lays under her cloak, smoldering for a moment, collecting her thoughts before she tries to move

Ken (GM) Rodericks sword winks quietly dark, and gray’s flames flicker and die. The hole in the world swirls, twists, and folds closed. It hurts to watch, but it disappears

An audible crackle of power skitters, and Suðri’s form collapses to the floor, gently. He groans awake
(To Suðri Skornbrekker): Youre awake, but currently hovering around 1FP Bomrek holds his musket in the proper guardsman running-position, and runs over to Suðri. As he passes the clump of dead demon, he pulls his silver pick out of it’s loop, and drops it in the center of the pile, (just to be sure.)
Suðri Skornbrekker slowly opens his eyes
Bomrek: “Suðri , what’s wrong? A demon’s curse?” He looks his companion over for wounds.

Deloth-Ainur lays on the floor, still, her silver coins charred to black cinders….

Roderick sheathes his sword with a deep sigh and turns around to survey the damage

Suðri Skornbrekker is obviously a bit beaten up, but relaxed. “Well, I… can’t explain, but I did something stupid that was probably worth it.”
Suðri Skornbrekker: “I did… take… quite a load though…” he speaks in a strained voice, looking wearily at Roderick. “Touched the crystal. Grounded— redirected whatever they were… running through it.”
“…Ow.”
Suðri Skornbrekker has exhausted himself with his words, and seems to slip in and out of consciousness.

Gray looks to Syviis, calling to her. “You hurt?” He ask with that same worry. He gives Deloth-Ainur a look, but doesn’t spare time for her as he walks to Syviis.

Syviis: “Hurt, but it is minor. A few painful days of peeling skin, I suspect, but I am whole…” She groans as she stands, then examines her bow, checking to see if the string and fitments survived the blast
Ken (GM): Singed, but ok
Syviis tries to hide how much she’s shaking, smiling up at the giant, hoping to relax his worry
(From Syviis): I can’t remember the rules on bow-damage…this is the first time it’s potentally gotten any HP damage, though. She can do an Armoury Missile Weapons check though.

Roderick kneels by the dwarf and focuses to heal him
Roderick: rolling 3d6 vs 14 IQ to use 6 FP ( 1 + 4 + 3 ) = 8
Doc: I guess there’s probably a penalty for dwarfiness
but an 8 should do it
(From P.P. A.): so what are my current HP

Gray nods to Syviis, checking her and offering a hand to help her up before he nods to her in return for the smile. The brute starting over the fallen deamon-bound woman. “Roderick will do what he can for Suðri. I’m sure he will help when he can. That thing was.. powerful. I’m glad there was only one of them this time.”

Ken (GM): hol’ up rod; Suðri only took fatigue damage
he’s still whole
P.P. A.: oh
Doc: oh
Adolf S.: Huh.
Doc: I thought he was seriously exploded. Uhh, diagnosis check instead?
Ken (GM): lol
Syviis: Are his insides on the outsides? No? Then not exploded. 😛
Suðri Skornbrekker: “Nothing… hurts, though?…just… tired,” Suðri mutters, a bit surprised himself, not sporting any obvious injuries.
Ken (GM) Suðri looks a bit knocked about, but is ok. full HP, 1 FP
Suðri Skornbrekker turns his head to Bomrek. “They were running… energy through the Crystal here to bend it… to their will. I, uh, touched it and grounded the… current. ”

Roderick nods, satisfied that the dwarf will not die, and turns to investigate Deloth Ainur

Gray binds Deloth Ainur in ropes.
(To Gray): shes dead yo
Gray checks the elf a moment, then nods, covering her face in a cloth and leaving her bound, despite the fact she doesn’t draw breath and her heart doesn’t beat.

Syviis will sit down next to Deloth and quietly check her over… this time much more carefully.
>crit fails intensifies
(To Syviis): She is dead. Cold and unmoving. No pulse, no breath, no aura
Syviis sighs and spends a moment to lay her down, still bound (for now) and ensures her eyes are closed “She’s dead…and while I suspect that’s been the case before, this time I see no magic about her.”
Roderick: rolling 3d6 vs 13 Thaumatology ( 5 + 5 + 1 ) = 11
(To Doc): She told you, long ago, that she was demon bound, animated to long lasting life by the creature she sold herself to. Likely, having it exorcised and then slain, has killed her
Gray: “Aye.. a foe, but not a hated one. We will kindle her flame and set her to rest when we have time. For now.. Her Pact may make her home to anything. Don’t leave the body unbound.”

Syviis nods

Gray scowls a touch and calls over. “Next time don’t do something so reckless! You could have been killed!”

Suðri Skornbrekker closes his eyes and leans his head back: “Might not be enough, but it’ll help, it said.” He lightly pats his armour with his hand as he stresses the “it.”
Suðri Skornbrekker looks over to Grey: “Sorry; and thanks for your worry.”

Suðri Skornbrekker lifts his head a bit: “…she’s dead, you said?”
Syviis nods “seems like it.”
Syviis smirks at the fact she cannot be sure
Syviis: “At least, naturally, she is dead…but again, I suspect that’s been the case for a bit.”
Gray nods. “For the moment.”
Roderick: “The creature we killed was likely animating her body.”
Suðri Skornbrekker: “She’s been dead before… but her tomb is gone.”
Gray nods to Suðri, and at last walks over, offering some water. “Rest. Once you are recovered we will continue.”
Bomrek scowls. “A shame. That witch vexed us for so long, I’d hoped to get answers.”
Gray: “Good shooting, Bomrek”
Syviis: “Yes, that was a righteous shot, Master Dwarf. Truly, our enemies will know the light…one way or the other.”

Bomrek nods, and adjusts his kit. “Aye. These muskets of old are serving us well..” he trails off and looks at the bound elf corpse, and then back toward the crystal. “I am beginning to suspect this mine isn’t garrisoned at all, if she was the only one here.”

Suðri Skornbrekker gratefully takes a sip. “Thanks.” He quietly mulls over the situation, but his tiredness overcomes him, and he closes his eyes and drifts off into a light slumber.
Gray guards the sleepy dwarf
Syviis busies herself checking her gear for damage and her expensive fancy arrows.


Doc: gonna have to bow out early tonight guys, need to give someone a ride
P.P. A.: See you Doc o/
Syviis: [yus, see ya Doc!]


P.P. A.: I just realised, Suðri didn’t see any of what was going on
like how Rod got his sword stuck in it,
how Syviis set herself on fire,
or how it was killed
Syviis: lol
P.P. A.: Guess he’ll ask why Syviis looks singed when he wakes up.
Ken (GM): [“guys… what the heck happened?”]
Syviis: “I underestimated the explosiveness of the air around me, it seems…or I made a silly mistake and used too much mana. I am embarrassed to say it was likely the latter.”
Gray: “Combat’s a risk. I didn’t fight with full wisdom or care, either.” He assures the elf.
Syviis: “True, true…sometimes we make risks…skill ensures they pay off, but they are still risks.”

Syviis: [will have to head out soon too]
Ken (GM): good place to halt for the afternoon actually?
Joush M.: g’night Doc! Good game. Should we call it here?
Bomrek: I’d say so
P.P. A.: Why fight with wisdom or care when you can stick your finger into a power outlet!
Joush M.: I’ve got some shopping to do
Adolf S.: I’ve gotta go do some yardwork anyway before the rains hit
Ken (GM): madness, shopping
Syviis turns off Elf Mode
Ken (GM): 3xp each then! next week, a grounded crystal and a fallen elf
P.P. A.: This was a fun session tonight; and everything was really close!
Fiss: Solid session despite the time, thanks Ken!
Probably one of the best fights so far
P.P. A.: Roderick got the sword that the demand demanded stuck in the demon, the dorf exploded, then the elf exploded
Roderick: “And I nearly lost my sword. Who knows what would have happened if we’d let it get away…”
P.P. A.: but it all worked out in the end!
Fiss: AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO…IF IT WASN’T FOR YOU MEDDLING DWARVES!
Ken (GM): AND YOUR EXPLODING ELF!
P.P. A.: We blew up the demon harder than we blew up ourselves!
Gray: “Nothing good. They know we need it to close the rift”
P.P. A.: Nice, I’m at exactly 40 EXP now
Ken (GM): oh lawd
Fiss: Some days that’s all you need to win….blow up less than than the bad-guy
Doc: I’m at exactly 3
Fiss: lol
P.P. A.: you just spent a bunch, though
Fiss: I think I might be at 4-5, I’ll have to check my main sheet later.
Thanks again Ken, and peeps, it’s always a pleasure.
P.P. A.: Hey Ken, if they’d used the lightning arrows and the laser rifle without the Dwarf-induced short-circuit, how would that have turned out?
Ken (GM): @ppa: fun tables time 😀
P.P. A.: :DDDDDDDD
Thanks for the session!
Doc: o/
Ken (GM): 07
P.P. A.: sleepy dorf

About KentonBlack

I'm an avid gamer, computer troubleshooter, and all around dashing fellow. I blog After Action Reports on my gaming, running as the GM for several GURPS 4e games
This entry was posted in #GrimWyrd, #GURPS, Chat dump, Game Log and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Grimwyrd: Blasted Treasures

  1. Pingback: GURPSDay Summary January 11, 2019 – January 18, 2019 - Gaming Ballistic

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.